Scalp micropigmentation is, in theory, a head tattoo; although the technique and most of the equipment are different, the overall procedure is very similar to that of a tattoo. Like traditional body tattoos, there are risks of infection or fading. Here are the aftercare instructions to minimize the possibilities.
- Following your first session you should avoid touching, showering, or shaving the treated area for 10 days.
- Avoid carrying out any activities that may cause excessive sweating.
- Do not use a moisturizer, or shampoo, direct sunlight, swimming, sauna, or a steam room.
- Following your initial session, you should wash your head gently with cold water and gentle soap (such as baby shampoo).
- Apply moisturizer three times daily to prevent dryness and flaky skin. We recommend using a non-perfumed moisturizer such as Aveeno body moisturizer.
- Unless you had a density procedure, avoid growing your hair too long. If you do not need to shave your head, we advise using an electric shaver only. We recommend a Remington R5, or similar shaver. No wet shaving for 10 days post procedure.
Signs Of infection
A slight amount of swelling is typical for a fresh tattoo. If swelling becomes excessive, uncomfortable and you feel the pain radiating beyond the site of the tattoo then this is a sign of infection. Fever is a symptom of an underlying condition, which is most likely an infection. Please contact a medical provider if you think you may have a possible infection.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss!
Get In touch today
We’d love to hear from you, if you have any questions or you would like to book a consultation don’t hesitate to give us a call or drop us a message.